Top Ten Moments of 2018 in GCLOBA – 6
6. Sad Moments
They say each year comes with the good , bad and ugly moments. GCLOBA wasn’t spared some dark moments in 2019, as Death stretched it’s deadly arms and took some of our dearly beloved members. In other cases Death took the spouse of some members, while the BOT Chairman -Rotimi Vaughan, lost his mother in the course of the year.
Below is a list of those we lost this year .
- Pa Cole. Father of Immediate Past Treasurer Tunji Cole .
- Pa. C. A. Williams : former Mathematics teacher & Vice-Principal. He passed at the ripe age of 81.
- Basit Fagbayi . Old boy from the 89 set. His death came as a shocker to the entire association as he was active on the WhatsApp forum barely 48 hours before the news of his passing on was received.
- Ma Vaughan : Mother of BOT Chairman, Rotimi Vaughan. She passed on at the ripe age of 85 years.
- 2nd Vice President Engr. Saaka Yusuf was also hit as he lost two wives in 2018. Very sad one indeed .
- Professor Olayiwola Abideen Oluwasola of the 1983 set: who moved on to the other side after a brief illness.
- Mrs Abass Adeleke – Wife of John Abass Adeleke from the 1992 set. She passed on during child birth .
It is our prayer that the Souls of our dearly beloved ones continue to Rest in Peace. Amen.